All information about The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card, American Express Green Card and American Express Cash Magnet® has been collected independently by The Smart Investor. The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card, American Express Green Card and American Express Cash Magnet® are no longer available through The Smart Investor.
Table Of Content
American Express is best known for its credit cards, but this financial institution has been expanding its product line to offer more banking products.
So, can you benefit from American Express National Bank promotions?
Top Questions on Amex Promotions
You may see a promo code if you receive a mailer or other marketing materials.
American Express does not currently have any savings account promotions.
There is currently only one checking account promotion, for business checking accounts.
The Platinum Card® from American Express has the largest welcome bonus – 80,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $8,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
If you don’t keep your account open or it fails to remain in good standing, your bonus could be at risk.
There are currently no CD promotions.
American Express only offers IRAs, so there are no brokerage offers or promotions.
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express has a 0% APR introductory rate for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers from the date of account opening. Then, 19.24% – 29.99% Variable APR.
There are currently no American Express loan promotions.
There is a business checking account promotion where new customers can qualify for a welcome bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points.
There are full details for all promotions and offers on the American Express website, but if you’re still unsure if you’re eligible, you can speak to a member of the AMEX customer support team.
There is only one promotion currently for business customers who can receive 20,000 Membership Rewards points.
Amex Banking Promotions
Started in 2022, American Express is now offering both personal savings and checking accounts. The rates on savings are competitive and you can also earn interest on your checking balance.
Unfortunately, none of them offer promotions for new customers.
Amex Business Checking
Amex Business Checking
Bonus: You can receive a 20,000 membership reward point bonus worth up to $300, when you open a new American Express business checking account. You’ll receive your bonus as an account deposit in 8 to 12 weeks after you complete the requirements.
Requirements: To qualify for this promotion, you must open a new checking account and deposit $5,000 or more within 20 days. Additionally, you need to maintain an average balance of at least $5,000 for 60 days. You must also make ten or more transactions during the initial 60-day period.
Product Info: The American Express Business Checking account has been designed to cover your basic business banking needs. There are no monthly maintenance fees, and you can access 24/7 customer support. The account is also interest-bearing so that you can earn 1.1 APY on balances up to $500,000.
Terms and Conditions
- This offer is only available to new business checking account customers.
- Qualifying transactions include electronic or online transactions, including wire, bill payments, ACH, and mobile deposits.
- Your account must remain open to receive your bonus.
What are the requirements for opening a savings account?
To open an American Express account, no minimum balance is required. Simply go to the product page for the account you want to open and click the "Open Account" button.
You will be required to provide some personal information as well as financial information. After your application is approved, American Express will send you an email.
You can also apply by phone or downloading and mailing the application form.
Can you open a checking account with American Express?
Starting in 2022, American express bank is now offering also a checking account. You can get 1.00% APY on your account balance, as well as no monthly fees and advanced digital features.
How much time do I have to make the first deposit?
Your account will be closed if you do not fund your High Yield account within 60 days of receiving application approval.
To lock in your CD interest rate, you must fund your Certificate of Deposit account within 30 days of receiving application approval. Your CD account will be closed if you do not fund it within 60 days of receiving application approval.
Can I combine my savings account statement with my American Express Card statements?
American Express Savings statements are distinct from American Express Card account statements and will be delivered separately.
You can, however, link your American Express accounts to switch between your American Express Card and Savings accounts without having to log in and out each time. There will still be two sites with separate login credentials for your Card and Savings accounts, but once connected, you can easily navigate from one account to the other.
When I open a Savings account, do I receive an ATM card, a debit card, or checks?
Savings accounts are not intended for day-to-day spending. There are no ATM cards, debit cards, or checks available.
How to Open an American Express Bank Account?
The best way to open an American Express bank account is online. You can browse the website to find available products and promotions. On each product page, you’ll see an “Apply Now” button. When you click this, you’ll be directed to start the account opening process.
- Provide Your Basic Details: The first step of the application process requires you to provide your full name, Social Security Number, email and phone number.
- Complete the Application: You will then be directed to complete the full application form. However, at any point, you have the option to save the application to resume the process later.
- Confirm the Terms and Conditions: One of the last stages of account opening is to read through and confirm the terms and conditions.
- Fund the Account: Finally, you’ll have the option to immediately fund the account and set up your online banking access. This is a good idea for an account with a promotion, as you’ll need to make sure the initial deposit is in the account within the specified deadline.
Things to Watch For With Amex Bank Accounts
American Express National Bank may have a more streamlined product line compared to many banks, but there are still a few things to watch out for before you open an account.
- Are You An Existing Customer: If you are a personal customer and want to open a checking account, you’ll need to already be an existing American Express customer. Your American Express credit card account needs to have been open and active for at least three months to qualify for this account, so you’ll need to plan ahead.
- Do You Have Membership Rewards? If you already have at least one American Express product, you’re likely to already be enrolled in the Membership Rewards program, but if you haven’t bothered to check your Membership Rewards dashboard, you may find now is a good time. American Express allows you to accumulate Rewards via several linked products, so you can earn rewards even quicker.
- Check the Terms and Conditions: Since the American Express banking products are a little more specialized, it is even more crucial to check the product terms and conditions before you apply. For example, you may be limited to a maximum number of withdrawals on your savings or incur hefty penalties and account charges if you go overdrawn or need to perform certain account activities.
American Express Credit Cards Promotions
American Express is well known for its massive choice of credit cards, but you can still access some great promotions. Some of the current bonus offers include:
The Platinum Card® from American Express
You can earn 80,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $8,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
The Platinum Card® from American Express card has been designed with the frequent traveler in mind who is prepared to pay a higher annual fee for some great benefits. You can earn the maximum points on flights booked directly with airlines.
However, Amex Platinum perks are extra ordinary. These include annual statement credit as reimbursement for The Hotel Collection charges, digital entertainment credit, Walmart+ Credit, Uber Cash yearly reimbursement, annual airline fee credit, access to the Global Lounge Collection, statement credit for Equinox club membership fees, and Saks purchases (terms apply).
American Express® Gold Card
The American Express® Gold Card welcome bonus include 60,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
This card is a day-to-day credit card with a tiered reward structure weighted towards dining and grocery purchases. There is statement credit as reimbursement for dining purchases, including Grubhub, Shake Shack, The Cheesecake Factory, Uber Cash credit, and access to the Amex Hotel Collection (terms apply). The annual fee is $250, see rates & fees.
Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers $250 statement credit after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months. There is also 0% intro APR for the first 12 months on purchases and balance transfers , then the ongoing APR is 19.24% – 29.99% Variable.
This card has been designed for those who tend to spend their money at home. Its annual fee is $95 ($0 intro for the first year) and a tiered reward structure weighted towards grocery purchases and streaming subscriptions. However, you can earn cash back on practically any purchase. The card also has 90 days of return protection up to $1,000 per year and annually back against Equinox charges (terms apply). See rates & fees.
Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express offers new customers $200 statement credit after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months. There is also 0% APR for the first 15 months on purchases and balance transfers from the date of account opening, then the ongoing APR is 19.24% – 29.99% Variable.
Like the Blue Cash Preferred, this card is designed for everyday spending, but there is no annual fee (see rates & fees) and it has a slightly different reward tier structure, prioritizing grocery, online retail, and gas station purchases. Despite the lack of an annual fee, there are some additional card perks including monthly reimbursement for eligible Disney Bundle subscriptions and Home Chef meal solutions charges (terms apply).
American Express® Green Card
The American Express® Green Card offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after spending $3,000 on purchases on your new card in your first 6 months.
This is a good all-rounder card that has a low annual fee and benefits everyday spenders and travelers. The reward structure favors transit, travel and restaurant purchases, but the additional card perks lean towards travel. These include LoungeBuddy yearly credit and various insurance coverages including trip delay and baggage insurance (terms apply)
The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card
The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card offers new customers a welcome bonus of 10,000 points after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new card within the first 3 months. There is also 0% APR for the first 15 months on purchases .
This card is designed for more modest everyday spenders. You can earn points on your purchases but there is no annual fee.
Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card
The Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card offers 15,000 membership rewards points after you spend $2,000 in qualifying purchases on the card within your first 6 months of card membership
While this card carries an annual fee, you can earn points on practically any purchase, with rewards weighted towards supermarket and gas station purchases.
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card
The Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card offers 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months.
As the name suggests, this card is aimed at those brand loyal to Delta Airlines. While the annual fee is a hefty $550 (see rates and fees), this card does give you a status boost with additional Medallion Qualification Miles after you spend $30,000 on purchases in a calendar year.
There is also complimentary Delta Sky Club access and access to the Centurion Lounge. Cardholders can also benefit from a Delta Reserve annual companion certificate that can be used on domestic first class, main cabin or Delta Comfort trips (terms apply).
Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card
The Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card offers 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months.
While this card has a reasonable annual fee, you can enjoy priority boarding and first checked bag free on Delta flights, a Companion certificate each year and statement credit as reimbursement for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fees (up to $100).
There is also a Sky Club Exclusive Per Visit Rate, so you can enjoy complimentary beverages and snacks, private restrooms, wifi access and other amenities for yourself and up to two guests when traveling on Delta flights (terms apply).
Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express Card
The Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express Card offers 10,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months.
This card is a great choice for infrequent Delta travelers. There is no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees (see rates and fees). You can earn miles on your Delta purchases and at restaurants, with 20% back on your in-flight purchases (terms apply).
Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card offers 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months.
Delta Gold annual fee is $99, $0 intro first year (see rates and fees) but there are some great perks.
In addition to earning miles for U.S. supermarket and restaurant worldwide purchases, you can receive credit for future travel once you’ve spent $10,000 and a free first checked bag on Delta flights (terms apply).
Hilton Honors American Express Card
The Hilton Honors American Express Card offers 100,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $2,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 6 months of Card Membership (terms apply).
As the name suggests, this card is geared toward Hilton Honors, but the tiered reward structure also allows you to accumulate points on dining, groceries, gas and other purchases. The card also offers complimentary Hilton Honor Silver Status and there is no annual fee (see rates and fees).
Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card
The Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card offers 170,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership, while the annual fee is $150 (see rates and fees).
The Hilton Honors Surpass is aimed at frequent Hilton customers who are prepared to pay a modest annual fee. You can earn bonus points at U.S. supermarkets and restaurants worldwide, but the card also offers complimentary Hilton Honors Gold Status.
Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card
The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card offers 95,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points after you use your new Card to make $6,000 in purchases within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
In addition to earning Marriott Bonvoy points on your purchases, this card also offers statement credits for Marriott Bonvoy charges, making it ideal for frequent guests of the chain .
How to Pick the Best American Express Card
With so many cards and great new cardholder bonuses, choosing the best American Express card can seem a little daunting. However, if you want to narrow down your options, there are some points you should consider. These include:
- Annual Fee: In most cases, if you’re prepared to pay an annual fee, your American Express card benefits will be greater. However, you need to calculate if paying an annual fee represents the best value for you. There is no point in paying a $500 annual fee, if you don’t earn more than that in additional card benefits. If you are a more modest spender, you may be better suited to a card with a lower or no annual fee.
- Bonus Terms: In most cases, American Express is very generous, giving you plenty of time to achieve the spend limit to qualify for the introductory bonus. However, you still need to be realistic. If you typically don’t spend a lot on your credit card, don’t opt for a card with a high spending requirement.
- Brand Loyalty: Since American Express has a number of partnership cards, you also need to consider if you’re brand loyal to a particular airline or hotel chain. If you tend to prefer a particular company, these cards can be a great way to boost your loyalty program balance. On the other hand, if you simply find the best value flight or accommodation, regardless of the company, a more general card is likely to be best for you.
- 0% Intro Rate: If you are planning on making a large purchase or have a balance to transfer to your new card, you’ll have fewer American Express card options. There are only a couple of cards that offer 0%, so check the terms carefully.
Editorial Note: Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
- All information about The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card and Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card has been collected independently by The Smart Investor. The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card, Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card is no longer available through The Smart Investor.