Teachers Federal Credit Union
Teachers Federal Credit Union
Table Of Content
Money Market Account
Pros and Cons
As with any financial institution, there are both positives and potential negatives associated with RBFCU that you need to be aware of before making any account decisions.
Flexible CD Terms
No Specialty CDs
Access to a Large ATM Network
No Checks for Money Market Accounts
Access to a Branch Network
Fairly Low Savings Rate
Checking Account Available
Teachers Federal Credit Union offers competitive Certificates rates, allowing members to potentially earn more on their savings.
They provide a wide range of banking products, including different types of accounts and financial services, catering to various financial needs.
Members can benefit from interest-bearing checking accounts, helping them earn while managing day-to-day expenses.
Access to an extensive ATM network allows for convenient cash withdrawals and transactions.
Membership at Teachers Federal Credit Union is accessible, making it easy for individuals to become members and access its financial services.
The credit union may offer lower savings rates compared to other financial institutions, potentially resulting in lower returns on savings accounts.
Teachers Federal Credit Union has limited physical branch locations, which could pose challenges for members who prefer in-person banking services or live outside the service area.
Members must open a savings account to access Teachers' products and services, with a minimum balance requirement of $1 and a minimum of $50 to earn interest.
Those with only a savings account will receive quarterly statements. Additionally, there is a direct deposit savings account option available for members to explore.
Teachers Federal Credit Union Savings
Money Market Account
The Teachers Money Market Savings Account provides a low-risk savings option with interest rates while allowing you immediate access to your funds, up to six times per month.
There is no specific term commitment for this account, ensuring your money is available when needed without penalties. The account requires a minimum balance of $2,500 to avoid a $5 monthly charge for falling below that threshold. Dividends are compounded daily and credited monthly.
Importantly, this Money Market account is federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF), providing security for your savings. You can also make up to six draft/check withdrawals per month, and there's no minimum deposit requirement.
Direct deposit and payroll deduction options are available, allowing you to earn dividends right from payday. Monthly statements provide a comprehensive overview of your account activity, including deposits, withdrawals, and earned dividends.
Teachers offers Certificate of Deposits (CDs) with competitive interest rates and flexible terms, ranging from 3 months – 5 years. This allows you to earn higher interest and work towards your savings goals. You can conveniently open a CD through their online platform, at a branch, or by calling 1-800-341-4333.
Overall, the rates are competitive – especially for the short-term certificates such as three months or 6-month certificates.
Teachers offers two checking account options: Teachers Personal Checking and Smart Checking.
- Details: This account has no opening deposit requirement, no minimum balance, no per check charges, and no monthly fee.
- Overdraft Protection: You can set up automatic transfers from your Teachers Savings or Money Market Account to cover overdrafts for a fee of $8 per transfer, or you can establish a Teachers Advantage Line of Credit (subject to approval) to avoid overdraft fees.
- Flexibility: This account offers flexibility for day-to-day spending with fewer fees and more favorable rates compared to other financial institutions.
- Details: Smart Checking is a high-yield checking account that earns 3.00% APY on balances up to $15,000 and 0.10% APY on balances greater than $15,000.
- Qualification: To open a Smart Checking account, you can qualify in one of three easy ways: maintain an average monthly balance of $5,000 in your Smart Checking account, have $20,000 in combined end-of-month deposit balances, or establish direct deposit(s) of $500 or more and complete 10 debit card purchases each month.
- Benefits: The Smart Checking offers $0 monthly service fees and provide up to $15 per month in ATM fee rebates. They also include secure online banking and eStatements for security, as well as the convenience of depositing checks and transferring funds through the Teachers Mobile App.
Teachers Investment Services offers personalized assistance to help individuals achieve their financial goals at any stage of life. As a Teachers member, you gain access to a wide range of financial management services and educational workshops.
Teachers partners with broker/dealer LPL Financial to provide financial services and virtual education. Their services include:
Financial Asset Management and Investment Planning: Tailored investment strategies to align with your comfort level and financial goals.
Rollover/IRA Transfers and Retirement IRAs: Assistance in understanding retirement options, including Traditional and Roth IRAs, along with managing accounts as retirement age approaches.
Credit Union Financial Planning: Expert advice on maximizing credit union benefits.
Fixed & Variable Annuities: Guidance in selecting annuities to diversify your portfolio.
Mutual Funds: Utilization of mutual funds to enhance savings and build a diversified investment portfolio.
Life Insurance: Options for integrating life insurance into your overall financial plan.
Teachers FCU also provides access to a number of investment options. These include:
- Visa Platinum Credit Card: Earn 1 point per $1 spent on qualifying purchases, with 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and New Purchases. Plus, there's no annual fee.
- Visa Cash Back Credit Card: Get unlimited 1.50% cash back on all purchases, along with 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and New Purchases. No annual fee makes it even more appealing.
- Visa Low Rate Credit Card: This card is great for those seeking a reliable, low-interest rate to reduce monthly interest costs. It comes with no annual fee and offers a 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers.
- Visa Student Credit Card: Designed for college students, it helps build credit with credit limits ranging from $250 to $750. There's no annual fee, and the application process is quick and easy.
- Visa Secured Credit Card: Ideal for credit building, this card requires consistent, on-time monthly payments. It has no annual fee and offers a straightforward application process.